Applications call for Zayed Sustainable Prize 2020 for Global Sustainability Pioneers
At the 2008 World Future Energy Summit, H.H. Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, announced the launch of the Zayed Future Energy Prize – a tribute to his father, the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, and his sustainability legacy.
The Zayed Sustainability Prize is an evolution of the Zayed Future Energy Prize, it is the UAE’s pioneering global award in sustainability and a tribute to the legacy of the late founding father of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. Established in 2008, this annual award recognises and rewards the achievements of those who are driving impactful, innovative and inspiring sustainability solutions across five distinct categories: Health, Food, Energy, Water and Global High Schools.
The Zayed Sustainability Prize is open to all entrants other than:
- Board members and employees of Masdar.
- Anyone who has been involved in organising, promoting or judging the Prize.
Moreover, the Selection Committee and the Jury reserve the right and have full discretion to reject or not select any submission for any reason that may, in the sole opinion of the Selection Committee, the Jury or Masdar, damage the reputation of the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar, or bring the Prize, the UAE, Abu Dhabi or Masdar into disrepute. The decision of the Selection Committee, the Jury or Masdar shall be final and there will be no follow-up correspondence.
The fund allocation per category is as follows
- Health: US$600,000
- Food: US$600,000
- Energy: US$600,000
- Water: US$600,000
- Global High Schools: US$600,000 (Divided between six school winners, each from six world regions)
- There is no alternative to the cash awards.
- Winners must use the awards, per category, to further the ideas and ambitions within the winning submissions.
- An Award may be subject to withholding tax (if applicable) and/or income tax or other applicable tax which shall be payable by the winner, as applicable. Masdar shall not be liable for any taxes which are or become payable on the Award.
- An Award may be revoked and a refund required if it is discovered that a winner has provided misleading or erroneous information within the submission or it is subsequently discovered that the submission infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party.