The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is implementing a £21 million programme to protect would-be migrants and refugees from unsafe irregular migration through and from Ethiopia. The programme includes three subcontractors and has an operational footprint in Tigray, Somali, Amhara and Addis Ababa.
The Finance and Admin team leader is responsible for the effective and efficient functioning of accounts department and to ensure compliance with DRC’s Operations Handbook and Donor’s requirements.
The role will assist the line manager in budget preparation, donor reporting, compliance, recording and processing of information in Dynamics system. This role focuses on field operations and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the field offices. The role contributes to the development of field accountancy function and team.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required, preferably with an NGO;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Ability to use MS Office with advanced excel proficiency;
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff from diverse cultures.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
A University or higher education graduate in a subject relevant to the assignment specifically in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or other directly related field
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
Excellent skills in speaking, reading and writing English.
Somali (overall fluency required)