Applications call for One Young World Journalist of the year 2020
In an age of mass information and misinformation, the role of journalists is more important than ever. Our societies rely on the core values of journalism – truthfulness, and objectivity- to stay informed and shape opinions
One Young World believes that the next generation of young journalists is paramount to creating powerful and meaningful change, providing the important means to ensure freedom of speech and defense of rights are justly upheld in all regions across the world.
The One Young World Journalist of the Year Award aims to recognize five of the most promising young journalists between the ages of 18 to 35 from around the world. In addition to that, the purpose of this award is to highlight the work of young journalists who are fearlessly and boldly inspiring others through their work, changing the way stories are reported, and empowering others by giving them a voice. This year the One Young World Journalist of the Year Award 2020 is going to held in Munich, Germany. It is going to take place from 14th to 17th of October 2020 where 5 winners will get an invitation and receive also honors.
In addition to receiving the award, the winner will receive the following benefits
- Access to the entirety of the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
- Hotel accommodation on a private basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy) as well as catering, which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Furthermore, transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
In order to be eligible for the award, nominees must:
- Be between 18 and 35 years old.
- Have substantial evidence of the impact and importance of their journalism.
- Be passionate about the right to freedom of thought, expression, and speech.
- Have a demonstrable interest in the pursuit of social, economic and/or political rights through journalism.