Applications have opened for the Fully Funded Scholarships at the University of Melbourne in Australia. Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship until 31st October 2020. Additionally, the name of the scholarship is the University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarships, 2021. The University is providing scholarships for a Ph.D. degree in all courses.
Eligibility for Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia
- Applicants should apply for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or enroll in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
- If they are new students and have applied for a graduate research course by the application closing date for that course, the University will automatically consider them for the Graduate Research Scholarships.
If the candidates accept a graduate research course offer and deferred commencement in order to be reconsidered for a scholarship, they must submit an online application form by 31 October to be considered for a scholarship in the following year. Furthermore, they will receive a notification that a scholarship application has been added to their record within seven days of having submitted the online form. Likewise, if they currently enroll in a graduate research course for which they seek a scholarship, they must submit an online application form by 31 October for a scholarship in the following year.
Value of the Scholarship
- Full fee offset for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree. Or up to four years for students undertaking a doctoral degree.
- Likewise, a living allowance of AUD 31,200 per year pro-rata (2020 full-time study rate) for up to two years for students undertaking a Masters by Research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a doctoral degree. The University may index living allowance annually and includes limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave.
- Additionally, relocation grant of AUD 2000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria
- OR AUD 3000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- Furthermore, overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Single Membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia.