The Global Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP) is a coalition of women’s groups and other civil society organizations from Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America, Eastern and Western Europe and the Middle East and Arab World, mostly from conflict-affected countries. GNWP Board, management and staff are experts in advocating for women’s leadership to be at the core of all efforts in peacebuilding, conflict prevention and sustaining peace.
- The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with GNWP for one year
- GNWP will cover roundtrip airfare from the country of origin to New York and health insurance.
- It will also provide the Fellow with a stipend to cover room and board, local transportation, and other personal expenses for one year.
To be eligible for the Cora Weiss Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Have a robust understanding of UN Security Council Resolution (UNSCR) 1325 on the Women, Peace, and Security Agenda; UNSCR 2250 on the Youth, Peace, and Security Agenda; the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination Against Women; the Sustaining Peace Resolutions; the Sustainable Development Goals; and related laws and policies;
2. Have at least two years’ work experience in policy advocacy on women’s rights, human rights, peacebuilding, and other social justice issues, including the Security Council Resolutions on Women, Peace and Security, and related laws and policies;
3. Have at least two years’ experience in program implementation in a women’s rights, human rights, or peacebuilding civil society organization in a developing country;
4. Have a Bachelor’s degree in international relations, women’s or gender studies, or any of the social sciences;
5. Have lived or worked in a developing or conflict-affected country for at least five years;
6. Full proficiency in English. Since the fellowship will take place in New York, complete proficiency in the English language is a must. Proficiency in any other UN language is a plus.
To apply firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no age restrictions for this Fellowship. However, the Fellowship is designed for candidates who are at early stages in their careers and represent the perspectives of youth in their country.