Atlas Service Corps, Inc. (Atlas Corps), started in 2006, is an international network of social sector leaders and organizations that promotes innovation, cooperation, and solutions to address the world’s 21st-century challenges
The mission is to address critical social issues by developing leaders, strengthening organizations, and promoting innovation through an overseas fellowship of skilled nonprofit professionals. Profiled as a “best practice” in international exchange by the Brookings Institution and featured in the Washington Post as a model social entrepreneurship program, Atlas Corps engages leaders committed to the nonprofit sector in 12 to 18 month, professional fellowships at organizations to learn best practices, build organizational capacity, and return home to create a network of global change makers.
The Atlas Corps Fellowship is a 12-18 month Fellowship in the United States and online for the world’s top social change leaders. Fellows serve full-time with Host Organizations to develop leadership skills and learn effective practices through the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series and networking opportunities with other Fellows.
- Two or more years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- Age 35 or younger
- Apply to serve in a country other than where you are from (U.S. citizens are not eligible for the U.S. Fellowship)
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month Fellowship
- Commitment to living on a basic stipend that only covers food, shared housing, and local transportation
- Participation in the Atlas Corps global leadership lab (non for profit management training )
- Monthly stipend for basic living expense
- Program related domestic travel
- Basic health insurance
- Placement at a host organization
- Program related international travel (US fellow only)