The annual Lights on Women scholarship aims to support motivated early- or mid-career women in their professional advancement with new or strengthened capabilities by providing free access to one of the FSR online courses (of their choice) starting in Autumn 2020.
Apply to advance your career in energy and to join the growing FSR Lights on Women talent pool!
Why should you apply?
FSR offers online training courses on a wide variety of key energy regulation and policy topics which will provide you with the technical knowledge needed to take advantage of employment and leadership opportunities.
The flexibility provided by FSR’s online courses will allow selected candidates to follow the lessons at their own pace, so to balance learning with other professional and personal commitments. All FSR online courses adopt interactive tools, group projects and live activities to enhance the learning experience. You will have the chance to collaborate and network with global participants and a world-renowned faculty while gaining the knowledge and skills needed to boost your career.
At the conclusion of the course, selected candidates will have the opportunity to produce an article that will be published on the FSR website and disseminated among the vast FSR Energy community.
Who is eligible?
We are inviting all early- or mid-career female energy professionals and students who are changemakers in their area of expertise to apply!
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- that your work addresses an energy/climate need or challenge, with significant benefits to citizens and society
- how you played a pivotal role in the success of your organizations (or their products and services)
- active leadership and potential for future excellence in the energy/climate sphere
- genuinely engaged individuals involved in energy and climate regulation or policy issues who show holistic interests beyond current responsibilities
- highly motivated to invest in learning and networking
- openness to diversity and aspiration to join a global community
No specific academic background is required. We warmly welcome applications from around the world and in particular emerging countries.
How to apply
Note: please have all documents ready before starting the application form.
- Your CV in PDF
- A short biography, around 100–120 words (around 800 characters with spaces)
- A letter of motivation (max 2 pages) in PDF, describing:
- how your work addresses an energy/climate need or challenge, with significant benefits to citizens and society
- your future professional ambitions,
- your motivations for applying for the scholarship and how the online course you are selecting would help you reach your goals or advance your career
Documents should be submitted in English.
Applications will be assessed by a Selection Committee of FSR members. The four successful candidates will be informed bythe end of June 2020 and will be provided with all relevant information on how to enrol in the online course of their choice.
Kindly note that the FSR Annual training and Specialised Training on the Regulation of Gas Markets are blended online-residential course and not covered by the scholarship.